Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Count It All Joy

by Stacy

I am a part of an online Bible study called “Wife After God”. I am very thankful for this study because the older I get, the harder it seems to be able to get people together due to different life issues. Because of technology today, I am able to be in a Bible study with women all over the world online, and that means a lot to me. Community and Growth are super important!!! I urge you to join a Bible study whether online or in-person with a group of believers.


I want to start off by talking about something I have learned and have been working at in my life diligently and that is: JOY. Take a moment to think of all the people in your life. People you come into contact with daily. If you are a Christian, you should look at life differently- with an eternal perspective and with an awareness and sensitivity to the Holy Spirit, who is guiding you. This perspective changes your day-to-day activities and makes them His. Every single person all over the world was created by God and for God. And that means you. You are very special. Yes, YOU! And you have gifts to use in this world to be a light and show others the love of God.


When you serve God, it should not feel like total obligation and sacrifice constantly. It should feel like pure joy. You can share that joy with those around you. If there are troubles in your heart, ask God to Psalm 139 you.  Psalm 139:23-24:
"Search me, O God, and know my heart: examine me, and know my thoughts: And see if there by any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."

Things in life can cause bitterness, as Elaine talked about yesterday.  I could tell you stories of things in my life, ups and downs, disappointments, confusing times, that beg the question "why", things that I did not understand and maybe when I look back still do not, etc.  And there is nothing more that the enemy wants than for that bitterness/confusion/self-focus to take root and cause you to stumble or be paralyzed and unavailable for the ministry of God.  Be aware of that and be on guard.

It takes sacrifice of your time, money, and energy. As a Christian, you are called to be the hands and feet of Jesus. You are called to be a light in this world. Being a light is not going to work by shrinking away or by being offended and holding grudges. Get rid of that junk.  John the Evangelist tells us in 1 John 4:4,
“You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them (evil spirits), because the One who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.” 

Work out your heart issues and ask God to " Create in me a clean heart and put a right spirit within me" (Psalm 51:10).  He will do it!

Jesus says in John 14:12-14
“Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.” 

Luke 6:35-36 brings us this challenge,
"But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend them without expecting to get anything back.  Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because He is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.  Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful."

So be liberated by the power of His name and live your life by His promises. You are gifted for great things!  Who is someone in your life that could use an encouraging word?  Have you noticed someone going through a tough time?  How could you be instrumental in lifting their spirits?  I pray your eyes would be open to whom God wants you to bless.  And count it all Joy.


See you in the Round!
Stacy

*Scripture quotations are from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment